Ever since I was young, I was always interested in astrological signs. I was never one of those people that read my horoscope every day and believed every word or anything, but I thought it was fascinating. I enjoyed reading about my sign and all the personality traits that went with it to see if I could relate. Turns out, everything they said about my astrological sign was pretty spot on. So, I decided to start learning about ALL the astrological signs to see if they matched with people I knew under each sign. For the most part, they did! I was intrigued.
As an adult, I still find astrological signs interesting, but I don’t believe every single person is exactly how they’re described by their sign. I do feel like it gives us a glimpse into their personality though. I’ve read the characteristics associated with each of my own kid’s signs and I gotta say, there is definitely some truth to these things.
Now until May 20th, we’re celebrating Taurus. So, what can you expect if you’re raising a little Taurus? Let’s see what all the experts say! First, we’ll start with the Taurus basics.
Birthdate – April 20 – May 20
Element – Earth Sign
Symbol – The Bull
If you’ve got a little Taurus in the house, you might be wondering what kind of personality you can expect in the years to come. Below are some positive and negative personality traits traditionally associated with Taurus. (You can find the whole list here)
- Stability – They find comfort in consistency, so when it comes to your Taurus child, consider having a good routine in place to make them feel safe and secure.
- Honesty – Expect a little one who speaks the truth. Taurus values honesty above everything else and hates when they are lied to, so they express themselves directly.
- Common Sense – You can breathe a sigh of relief knowing that your little one has been blessed with common sense. They’re always thinking logically, and others tend to go to them for advice.
- Kindness – Think about a Taurus in your life. Are they kind, caring, and nurturing? My Mom is a Taurus and she is honestly one of the nicest people I know.
- Patient – There’s no hurry when it comes to a Taurus. So, you can expect a little one that takes their time and analyzes everything before making decisions.
- Stubborn – Stubbornness is the key trait of Taurus. I mean, the symbol is the bull, right? You can expect a child who is very set in their ways and will not budge if they’re confident they’re right.
- Perfectionists – Got a little one where everything needs to be just right? Apparently, it’s not their fault. You can blame their birthday.
- Possessive – Known for being a bit materialistic, Taureans crave material things and don’t like to share them. This possessiveness could also extend to relationships as well.
- With little ones, we’re always trying to plan activities that will keep them busy and happy. So, if we know a little more about our kids based on what their astrological sign is typically interested in, we might uncover some new hobbies we didn’t know they had! Here are some Taurus likes and dislikes to keep in mind.
Gardening – Get your hands dirty and plant a garden together in the backyard or have them help with watering plants around the house.
Cooking – Want some help in the kitchen? Your little Taurus might just be up for it! Have them help with dinner prep or do a little baking together.
Music – Plan some dance parties in the living room. As a music lover myself, I love having music on in the background while I write, read, cook, play board games – pretty much anything! Your Taurus will likely feel the same.
Working with Hands – Think arts & crafts, and a favourite in our house…Lego!
Sudden Changes – Keep this in mind if there are any big changes for your family. Maybe try to ease them into the changes instead of just dropping it on them.
Synthetic Fabrics – Something to consider when shopping for clothes.
Whether you believe in astrology or think it’s complete nonsense, you have to admit…it’s kind of fun! If nothing else, it might give you a general idea of what to expect as your child gets older. If you’re a Taurus, or are currently raising one, let us know in the comments below if the experts are right!
Interested in other traits of May babies, check this out.