Moms are busy. We lead hectic lives juggling the needs of other people. This holiday season, if you want to really make the mama in your family feel special, consider the following gifts:
Time is precious, and moms don’t have enough of it. So how can you give her time? There are several ways:
- A meal service. Take a task away from her or make it easier. I recently had a HelloFresh box arrive at my house and I couldn’t have been happier. All the ingredients and easy to follow recipes made for a meal that my entire family loved. If you have not considered this service, now’s the time. This busy mama’s quality of life increased significantly once I discovered HelloFresh
- A cleaning service. Although keeping the house clean should be a family affair, the stress of it often lands on mom. Buying a family gift of having a cleaning service during and/or after the holiday season will take the stress out of entertaining and give the entire family more time to spend together.
- Babysitting coupon. Moms want to get out, often with their spouses. Offer a busy mom friend in your life an evening of babysitting so she can remember what it’s like to go on a date again.
Sometimes being a mom can be a little, let’s say, monotonous. Give mom that rush of excitement that comes with adventure. You might want to consider these gifts mom really wants:
- A gift certificate for travel. Does Mom have a group of girlfriends she’d love to have a weekend away with? Help make that happen. She needs the break and finding adventure with her gal pals will be good for her soul.
- A bucket-list activity. How about an activity you’ve heard her say “I wish” about? Maybe it is taking a dance class, going skydiving or learning to play hockey. Every mom has something she’d like to try.
- Wine subscription. Is the mom in your life a lover of wine? Silly question – of course she is! ED Wine is a monthly wine subscription of four sommelier curated wines. Each wine comes with a write-up about it to help you learn and explore your tastes. No pretension, just the enjoyment of the simple pleasure wine offers. Search your area for a similar service.
- Spa gift certificate. Does mom love a day at the spa or going for a massage? Gift certificates are easy to get and much appreciated for moms who need to wind down after a busy holiday season.
- Retail gift certificate. Does mom have a hard time spending money on the things she loves? If mom has a favorite clothing or jewelry shop, treat her to a gift certificate so she can spoil herself instead of the children for once. I know whenever a gift certificate for my favourite store turns up (Joelle’s), I’m one happy mama!
If you’re more into getting her a traditional gift that can be wrapped and placed under the tree, I suggest going for a secret wish-list item. Sometimes a mama just has a random thing she wants, but probably wouldn’t ask for. Figure out what that is and surprise her. This year, I’d love to find a pair of Mukluks under the tree for me. If that happens, it will truly be a Christmas miracle!
Show Mom that she is not forgotten this holiday season by giving her meaningful gifts that will always be remembered: The gifts of time, adventure and pleasure! Here are some other important ways you can help out moms this Holiday season.