School days can be long and exhausting – not only for your kids but for us parents too! Even though you fill their lunch boxes daily with healthy, nutritious, and delicious snacks… they somehow come home starving, and they seem like they won’t breathe another day if they don’t immediately get some sort of food item in them. It’s hard to not only keep it healthy but also satisfying enough that it will keep them full until dinner rolls around. Here are some of our favorite After-School Snacks that are easy for mom and yummy for the kids; make sure you add these ingredients to your grocery list!
- Cut celery into sticks
- Fill with cream cheese
- Top with raisins as your “ants on a log”
What to add to your grocery list: celery, cream cheese, raisins.
- Cut apples into thin chip-like wedges
- Whisk together almond butter, coconut oil and maple syrup
- Drizzle over the apples and add your “toppings” like coconut flakes, raisins and whatever else!
What to add to your grocery list: apples, almond butter, coconut oil, maple syrup, raisins, coconut oil, coconut flakes
- Slice the melon into 1-inch-thick rounds
- Spread the yogurt over the watermelon
- Add your toppings! Use things like fresh berries, shredded coconut etc
What to add to your grocery list: watermelon, yogurt, fresh fruit
- Roll your bread flat using a rolling pin
- Spread your favorite peanut butter and jam
- Roll and cut into “sushi” pieces!
What to add to your grocery list: bread, your favorite jelly, peanut butter
- Cut the corner of a yogurt tube
- Squeeze little droplets onto a parchment lined plate or pan
- Freeze and enjoy!
What to add to your grocery list: yogurt tubes – that’s it!
- Core and cut your apple into slices
- Spread one side of half of the slices with your favorite nut butter and sprinkle with chocolate chips and granola.
- Top with the remaining apple slices to form a sandwich!
What to add to your grocery list: apples, peanut butter, chocolate chips, granola.
- Spread Nutella on your tortilla
- Top with banana and strawberry slices and fold in half
- Place folded tortilla in a warm pan to make it crispy and enjoy!
What to add to your grocery list: tortillas, Nutella, strawberries, banana
- Unwrap your Babybel cheese from it’s plastic wrapper
- Use a sharp pairing knife to create fun mouth shapes
- Bonus – use some googly eyes to make them extra fun!
What to add to your grocery list: Babybel cheese – that’s it!
- In a flat pan, line the sides with parchment paper and spread evenly with yogurt
- Sprinkle with your favourite mix-ins
- Freeze for a few hours until frozen and then remoe from the pan to break it into pieces – enjoy!
What to add to your grocery list: yogurt, freeze dried strawberries
- Slice cucumber into 1-inch-thick slices and hollow out the center of each slice
- Stuff the cucumber with cheese, deli meat and whatever else you’d like until the center is filled
- Serve cold and enjoy!
What to add to your grocery list: cucumber, cheese slices, deli meat slices, matchstick carrots
With an after-school snack, it’s important to keep it as simple as possible to alleviate the stresses that come with pick up time and getting ready for any extra activities or extra curricular’s that may pop up on a weeknight. All of these snacks can be made in a few minutes, and they are also really easy for the kids to help out with! Your kids will enjoy these yummy treats and you’ll enjoy the few minutes of peace and silence these bites will grant you. Have fun with it!
Looking for more? Check out our Favorite Pumpkin Spice Muffin recipe!